« Home | What always happens... » | No better... » | Cranky girl.... » | Happy list from the weekend... » | Silly cyber stalking... » | Karen and Newt -- Perfect Together??? » | 50 things about Karchamb » | The things we learn.... » | New Survey from Aim, via Jenn » | Finally!!! » 

Thursday, August 03, 2006 

What the F**K?

I just had someone who I used to be reasonably good friends with but whom I haven't seen in almost 2 years AND who is an ass who actually told me he included me on the list for his wedding so that I can get him a good gift say "So, you've been married for 5 years. When are you having kids?"

Keep in mind that this was not in a conversation ABOUT kids. This was not me gushing about my niece (which I often do) and him saying "hmmm must be the biological clock" (which it's not -- she's just awesome). This was in a conversation about how he is an ass and is whipped by his soon to be wife. So, please tell me, where the hell does he get off?????

I remember an old blog of tangentwoman's about the stupidity of people and how they think they have some right to ask these kinds of questions just because you've been married a while, as if you must automatically want kids and be crying yourself to sleep at night because you don't have them now. I really am going to start using the whimpering, "Actually, we just found out that we can't have children" thing and then going into the weeping thing. It's mean, but it serves people right.

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates