« Home | What the F**K? » | What always happens... » | No better... » | Cranky girl.... » | Happy list from the weekend... » | Silly cyber stalking... » | Karen and Newt -- Perfect Together??? » | 50 things about Karchamb » | The things we learn.... » | New Survey from Aim, via Jenn » 

Sunday, August 06, 2006 

Determined to be happy...

Well, despite all the current turmoil I've decided that I am determined to be happy. I've been cranky and unhappy for a whole week now, which is about 6 1/2 days longer than I usually give myself. And I've decided that, no matter what, I'm going to be me. And me is a whole lot happier than I've been of late.

Back in June, Jenn and I went out one night, and a newer friend described me as "so pretty because you're always smiling." My response was, "Sweetie, that's cause every time you see me I've been drinking." It occurred to me that, had he said the same thing a few years ago, I just would have said, "Um, okay, thanks." (the um and the okay are because I'm not good at compliments, the thanks is because I AM usually smiling.)

So, now that I have given myself a week to pout, I'm over it. I'm not over all the stuff going on, and won't be any time soon, but I'm not going to let it affect me on such a deep level.

Quite honestly, I've got too much to look forward to -- stuff to do for the weekends for the next 3 weeks, Beach trip to OCNJ with Jenn on Thursday, and plans for almost every weekend until November... Day to day, I'm just gonna look forward to the simple things that have always made me happy before -- emails and messages from the very best friends a girl could have, cd mixes made just for me, and a job that no longer sucks quite as much as it used to.

Don't forget about my favorite!!!!

"Sometimes I wish I'd done a little more with my life instead of just hanging out in front of places. Maybe be an animal doctor. Why not me? I like seals and sh*t. Or maybe be an astronaut. Go into space and sh*t."

YAY! See ya Tuesday! (And Thursday and Saturday!!!!! :) :) )

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates