« Home | Open Mouth, Insert Foot » | "You don't do that to a Jersey girl" » | Back in the saddle » | More animal stuff... » | I tried not to, but I was pushed » | Some places suck. Some don't. » | One option for hurricane relief donations. » | Not knowing what to say... » | Thoughts on a Sunday... » | Princess » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

The new job

Well, here we are at the end of month 1 on the new job. So far so good. Haven't shot myself in the foot TOO much yet -- though I think I may have come close today. There seems to be a lot of whining and complaining and "woe is me"-ing, which is a little tough for me to take since I am just not that type of person. I always figure that things'll work out if you give them the time.

The bigger problem is that some of the folks here are used to being steamroller types -- the kind that figure if they push and push and push enough, you'll just get out of their way. Now, the problem for them is that getting out of the way is not really something I do. I'm more of the "keep pushing me and I'll push back harder just because I can" type. So, I've already got one person trying to go around my position because she things she can get things done "her way" if she does and another person who hasn't yet come to grips with the fact that my position exists for a reason. Now, to hear her talk, she is THRILLED that I'm here -- it's going to make her life so much easier, blah, blah, blah. But then when something comes up that is part of my job, she skips right over me. We're gonna work on that one -- maybe I'll just yell out "Respect my Authorit-I" (like Cartman).

I don't know -- maybe it's the weather, maybe it's my current state since I can't solve the current issues on my own and no one is available to talk them through -- but I am cranky cranky cranky. Hopefully, the coming weekend will make it all a little better. Princess's birthday is monday, so her party Sunday should brighten up my otherwise sour mood.

don't let them win!!

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates