« Home | Thoughts on a Sunday... » | Princess » | Dumbass me. » | Another fun little game... » | A New Game.... » | Meme » | Obviously losing my mind... » | Things we need to understand » | Cutest kid ever... » | Back home again » 

Monday, August 29, 2005 

Not knowing what to say...

I am not good with people dying. I don't mean that I break down and am a complete disaster at the thought of death, but rather the opposite. I never really know what to say, and I always think I come off sounding either stupid or insincere. So, with that in mind, I know that the next few days will be difficult ones, as my mom's brother passed away and I'm not good at knowing what the "right" thing to say is. I can't think of an appropriate tribute, as I don't know that I knew him very well, though he has always been a part of my life. So, I figured the least I could do would be to post his obituary. So, here it is:

Robert S. Drotar Sr.
Monday, August 29, 2005
A Mass for Robert S. Drotar Sr., 65, of Linden will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday in St. John the Apostle Church, Linden, after the funeral from the Kowalski Funeral Home, 515 Roselle St., Linden.

Mr. Drotar died Saturday in Haven Hospice at JFK Medical Center, Edison.

He was a yardman with the Leaseway Trucking Co. in Linden for 25 years before retiring in 1988.

Mr. Drotar was a member of the Central New Jersey Teamsters Retirees Club.

Born in Elizabeth, he lived in Linden for 45 years.

Surviving are Pamela A., his wife of 44 years; sons, Robert S. Jr. and Raymond S., and a sister, Cheryl.

Kare: Was Uncle Bobby the M&M? I wasn't really sure (but I didn't think that was him). Anyway, I don't think ANYONE is good with knowing what to say about or to someone who has lost a loved one. Sometimes I think it's the little, kind words that mean the most to someone.

Nope. That's Uncle Larry. Remember in college when we had the floodgates open when mom said a bad word? That's Uncle Bobby.

It hit me this morning at breakfast! I was gonna email you and find out how you were doing, etc. When it hit me, I knew exactly how I knew Uncle Bobby. Coincidence that I was in the kitchen, I think not! :)

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates