« Home | Cutest kid ever... » | Back home again » | Whirlwinds » | Wow, talk about guilt » | From possible to probable... » | Times they are a changin??? » | This morning, the answer was, "Oh. There he is." » | The powers that be.... » | My soapbox, thanks to the can of worms opened by J... » | Now a slimy mollusc » 

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 

Things we need to understand

So, here's a big thing about karchamb that those out in the blogosphere need to understand. Karchamb is extremely time-sensitive. I like plans, goals and I hate to be late for anything.

I mention this because, after a week of just not bothering to return my phone call in response to their message asking to set up an interview, the folks from a position for which I applied called yesterday and asked if we could talk then or if I would prefer the following morning (now, today).

As I was in my car and therefore could not access my calendar, I said that this morning would be great. She said, "why don't you call me at 10?" to which I said, sure. I did. I got voicemail -- and, it should be said, I got the multi-ring, not the "I'm on the other line go directly to voicemail" stuff. It is now 20 minutes after 10 and I haven't heard back. And I'm wondering -- are these people that karchamb can work for???

I hear you. I am dealing with the same bs on my end. As a recruiter, when I found a potentially good person for a job opening, I would work with them and basically "go after" them. Now, here we are, two fabu employees, with idiotic employers playing games. Its annoying, I tell you!

No. If they are supposed to be somewhere and you have a time set, they should be there. I HATE that!!!! I may be a bit flaky sometimes...and more and more commitment-phobic, but BE THERE WHEN YOU SAY YOU ARE or else, don't say you will be! Argh!!!! I hate people. ;)

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates