« Home | What dessert are you? » | Requirements to be "educated" » | Things I learned this weekend that I already prett... » | The breaking point... » | Stress and such... » | Back to the blog... » | Is that what the founders meant? » | Here they are, the new Vrettos babies!!! They're b... » | 5 Questions... » | Questions from Jersey Girl, Questions for You? » 

Friday, April 15, 2005 

Oh, happy day....

So, this one is turning out to be a good day so far. Not only is it Friday, and tomorrow is the weekend, but there's also another few good things a-happenin'...

* Princess, of truejerseygirl fame, is coming to visit tomorrow. At 16 months old, she will get to see the first ever pink thing I have ever purchased for her... Her favorite aunt - trust me, I'm better than the others ;) - finally broke down and bought a pink outfit.

* Princess is bringing four other family members with her. Princess is, of course, still the most important, but the others aren't half bad.

* This morning, the mom of one of my favorite students thanked me for all the work I've done to guide her son to graduation. She said that she can tell how much more focused he is now and that it's largely because of me. Aw, shucks.

* I've released some of the stress, since my interview for the promotion-type thing was yesterday and while I think it went extremely well, I don't really think I'm interested in the position. While more money, shorter commute and higher title are all good things, I'm pretty sure that they won't make up for a job I don't love.

* I've put on more stress -- I'm now the proposal chair for a conference with one of my professional associations. I have no idea what that means, really, but I think it'll be interesting. I always like to learn new stuff, so this'll fall in that category.

* The weather. It is freakin beautiful out and is supposed to continue that way through the weekend. My plans for Sunday now include the paper, some iced tea, and my deck.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Ooh, pink? Can't wait.

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates