« Home | The breaking point... » | Stress and such... » | Back to the blog... » | Is that what the founders meant? » | Here they are, the new Vrettos babies!!! They're b... » | 5 Questions... » | Questions from Jersey Girl, Questions for You? » | SOOO much better » | Intrigued by stupid crap. » | Flu sucks. » 

Monday, April 11, 2005 

Things I learned this weekend that I already pretty much knew

1. I can't drink like I used to.
Actually, that's not true. I can still drink like I used to, I just can't recover as quickly. I used to be able to get up at 8am the next morning and feel relatively okay. Yesterday, I woke up at 9, took advil and went back to bed until 1. I still felt like crap, but I could keep my eyes open.

2. Boys are dumb. They think it's "cute" when you tell them off.
Yes, I knew this one already from the recent years, but imagine how great high school would have been if the boys back then had really appreciated my nasty attitude.

3. There is no good answer to "is this why I don't have a boyfrriend???"
I told this very annoying girl that she needed to calm down and stop touching me. She said, "is this why I don't have a boyfriend? because I'm too needy?" Tipsy as I was, I knew that if I said yes (which was probably the truth) she would cry, and if I said no (which I did) she would respond (as she did) "Well then WHY?????"

4. Sometimes, the big scary guys are the best ones in the room.
There was a guy there who would have intrigued me in my younger years by his tattoos and piercings. My mother would have been appalled. But when the dopey girl mentioned above tried to drive home drunk, he was the one who stepped in and very quietly and calmly talked her out of it.

5. Sunshine, quiet and lots of water are good ways to cure a hangover.
I spent 4 hours yesterday sitting out on my deck reading the paper and drinking bottle after bottle of water. Not a bad way to spend a day.

Sounds like good times to me!!!

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates