« Home | Back to the blog... » | Is that what the founders meant? » | Here they are, the new Vrettos babies!!! They're b... » | 5 Questions... » | Questions from Jersey Girl, Questions for You? » | SOOO much better » | Intrigued by stupid crap. » | Flu sucks. » | Emotions » | A Season bites the dust... » 

Monday, April 04, 2005 

Stress and such...

Okay, so I am feeling a ridiculous amount of stress. For those who don't know me well, you should know that I don't really deal well once I'm over the line to FEELING the stress... i'm very good at ignore it for a long time, and then I crack, never to return to sanity again. The biggest thing that throws me is the unknown -- the "hey, I wonder what will happen!" that seems to excite some insane people I know. Here are a few of the biggies that are pushing me over the edge right now:

1. I've got an event today at 11:30. I'm completely unprepared, and the person who was supposed to be the MC called in sick. No one knows anything that's supposed to be going on because she's one of those "I've got it covered" people who doesn't inform anyone about how things are going to run.

2. My first party for my little business (see HERE) is this Saturday. I shouldn't be stressed about it, since it's just a few of my friends being guinea pigs for me so that I can know what I don't know, but I woke up from nightmares last night about it anyway.

3. I'm still waiting to hear on the stupid job. I applied for an indirect promotion -- another job higher in the organization, but not in my direct line. At first, all I was hearing was "you're so perfect, you're so perfect" and now nothing. And I'm afraid to be pushy, because these are people I have to work with, whether I get the job or not.

4. I'm also waiting to hear on the doctoral program I finally applied to. I waited until the last possible moment to apply, so I'm still not sure if my recommendation letters arrived in time or if I might be deferred until next year. I hate the waiting.

5. None of this (#s 3 & 4) may matter, because BC is now doing a job search. He hates his job (understandably, from what I know) and wants to get back into academics. The thing with an academic job search, though, is that you don't have a whole lot of control over WHERE you're going. So, we may be moving somewhere crappy, we may be living apart for some period of time, we may be staying right where we are, with him in a job he doesn't like. Who the heck knows. Did I mention that I'm SOOO bad with the waiting???

So, I'm just sitting around, stressing and waiting. I also stopped going to yoga, which isn't helping with the stress. I used to refer to Yoga as my hour and a half each week when I was mellow. Now I don't even have that. Oy.

Yes, but I love and shouldn't that count for everything? ;) Well, that and a late night Dunkin Donuts run to smooth things over! :) Just take a minute, close your eyes, and picture yourself floating on a raft at Seacrets in the 75-80 degree sunshine. It's a 15 second stress relief that helps get me through the days! :) Love Ya! :)

You must chill! You must chill! I have hidden your keys!

I can soooooo agree with all that. I've been waiting 3 weeks on a job that the first two interviews went so well! Although Jack's job is slightly stable for the time being, I've been in the same position before the blue man gig came through.

My key to keep me from going crazy with the waiting is....well, I don't have one, I just pout to Jack. But if I think of one I will definitly share.

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates