« Home | A Season bites the dust... » | "History may not repeat itself, but it likes to wh... » | The generousity of semi-strangers » | An Angela Chase moment » | Too early to do REAL work.... » | A Moment of Silence, Please. » | Rewards for Stalker Girl » | Babies babies everywhere » | Resolutions and such... » | Reflections on the season » 

Friday, February 18, 2005 

Emotions

Well, I got an email this morning from my mom, letting me know that my uncle was in a car accident Wednesday night. He's been having health problems for a while now (really for about 20 years) and was essentially told that he was slowly killing himself. As for the accident, they believe that he fell asleep at the wheel. He hit a parked car (no one inside, thankfully) and flipped his truck. He's now in intensive care.

With all of this, all I can feel is angry. Seems like I should feel sorry for him, or worried about him, or something. All I can be is pissed off that he didn't bother to take care of himself. What if someone HAD been in that car? What if he had hurt someone else, instead of just continuing to hurt himself? All he's ever been in his whole life is angry -- would he have any different emotions if he hurt someone???

I admit, I feel bad for my aunt. As much as she's a bit nutty in her own way, she's the one who's been dealing with his crap for all these years, and she's the one who'll have to deal with the aftermath. And that's sort of the point. After all of the crap with him over the years, it'll always be other people who have to deal with it.

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates