« Home | Garrett Lee Smith Memorial Act » | 10 Happy things.... » | I know, I know... Another picture of my niece ... ... » | Strong Women... » | Cutest kid in the world.... » | Confession time... » | Sometimes it sucks to know a little bit... » | By the way, on a happier note.... » | People irritate me » | Things I learned from my ancestors » 

Friday, September 10, 2004 

The annual game...

"We like our beer flat as can be, we like our dogs with mustard and relish.
We've got a great pitcher what's-his-name, well we can't even spell it
We don't worry 'bout the pennant much,
we just like to see the boys hit it deep...
there's nothing like the view from the cheap seats"

I know, I know. Football started last night. For many, baseball -- with its ridiculously long games and somewhat difficult to translate to tv speed -- has served only as a time filler while waiting for football to return. For me, however, tonight is the big game. The annual "Yankees come to town for Karen's Birthday" game.

Tonight, while everyone is starting to forget that baseball still matters, I will be cheering on my boys. And yes, for you disbelievers, they have always been my boys. Since I picked Rick Cerone as my guy to follow for the season, they have been my boys.

Every year, the Yanks come to Baltimore in September. I strongly believe that they do this because they know my birthday is coming up and they want to help me celebrate. I get a whole bunch of tickets and celebrate the evening with hotdogs, beer and friends. This year, we will be doing this twice this weekend -- my mom's never been to a major league game, so we're taking her tomorrow.

And so, whether you are a yanks fan or not, hope for a win for me tonight. After all, it IS my birthday month.....

Are you a jinx?

Yeup.

Post a Comment

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates