« Home | Old Friends... » | I could write about how Pres. Bush used the word "... » | My Spring Vacation, by Karen » | So, it's 11:55 pm and I'm bored. Not bored in the... » | Usually, I just write about whatever's on my mind.... » | My mom always said to write a letter.... » | You just can't say that about Jordan Catalano! » | The problem with immediate gratification » | Ever have one of those weekends that just seem per... » | So, we're back again to the topic of age. Today, ... » 

Monday, May 10, 2004 

My fabulous students

I know, i know. Sometimes I complain about them. Sometimes they drive me crazy. Sometimes I want to beat them repeatedly with something heavy/sharp/etc. And then I have moments like this morning.

This morning, just before 9am, a student came in to say thank you. Yes, that's ALL he came in for. Not "thank you now I need something else." Not "thank you but what you did wasn't quite good enough." No. He just came in to say thank you, I know you worked hard on this for me and I appreciate it.

Oddly enough, this is the second time in the past week that this has happened. Last Wednesday, another student came in to tell me that he didn't think he would've gotten his job interview without the work I did on his resume. I thought it was an oddity. Now I'm beginning to think that I've gotta get the parents of these kids together to thank them for teaching their kids manners.

It's funny, actually, that I'm being so very happy about people saying thanks, since I was reprimanding a friend last night for saying thank you too much. I was trying to explain that, when "thanks" gets said too much, it loses something. That it just becomes something you expect, instead of something that brightens your day.

So, maybe that's it. I should be happy that my students drive me crazy. That way, when they're sweet and kind and thoughtful, I appreciate it more.

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates