« Home | This year, I will turn 30. I know, I know, to all... » | Two things tonight.... One on my thinking and then... » | 85 things » | The Intro to the Blog.... » | Books of 2006 » 

Friday, January 23, 2004 

Today, my horoscope says that it will be difficult for me to express what I'm trying to express, that the words may not come to me as easily as I want or be as clear as I'm hoping for. And yes, before I go any further, yes, I read my horoscope on a daily basis. I know that I'm a virgo, overly logical, and therefore should not ever read my horoscope, but I do. I also read them for everyone else I know. Brian and the other scorpios out there will have difficulty concentrating; Jenn, Dad and Chris need to clear out the clutter in their lives, and Bill F., Mom, Denise and Bella will be giving philosophical advice to the people they know. Personally, I think I'm going to look to Bella for this since, at age 1 1/2 months, she's probably got just the insight I need.

So, back to my point. My horoscope is right, because I don't know how to express anything today. Mom called last night and let me know that my Aunt Irene, who has basically been my replacement grandmother since my real one died when mom was little, has just been diagnosed with cancer. And I feel.... well... I don't know. I'm not exactly numb, because I've got some anger -- I mean, the woman is almost 80. Shouldn't she just get to be peaceful, and not go through this at her age? But then I feel like that's not right, because really no one should have to, and the fact that she's had a long life with a loving family shouldn't make her any more special.

Except of course that she is. She is by far the funniest person I have ever met. Largely because she has no idea that she's funny. Despite the fact that she is sweet, and old, and a lady, she has been able to avoid becoming a sweet old lady, which I can respect, because when that happens, you just want to pat them on the head and move on. With my aunt, you know that if you did that, she'd smack you for it. She attributes her attitude to her being Russian but I think its just because she's Aunt Irene.

All I can think right now is that John should really get to work on that cancer treatment thing that I didn't exactly understand when he explained it to me, and use that Yale education for something good. More later....

50 things to know about Karchamb

Books of 2006

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates